Thursday, June 6, 2013

Trust (The Road part II)

I don't think I would be as quick to trust the man at the end as the son is. He has seen so much of the evil in people and begun trusting things that turned out to be evil that it would be almost impossible to start trusting someone again like that. I would no doubt go with them. There really is no other choice for the boy; he is miles away from anything and I don't think he has what it takes quite yet to not only find food, but to not give it to every wayward stranger he meets, leaving next to nothing for himself. Though I would go with them, I wouldn't let my guard down for a while. I might even pretend that the gun didn't work anymore and say I threw it away and that I was bluffing. Then I would hide it in my coat at all times, keeping it a secret, waiting for the moment when I would have to do what my father always prepared me for.

No comments:

Post a Comment